The Delhi Police issued a traffic advisory to ensure safe movements of vehicles in the national capital ahead of Independence Day on Sunday. The advisory for August 15 said that the traffic around the historic Red Fort will remain closed for general traffic from 4 am to 10 am and only authorised vehicles will be allowed. A multi-layered security cover has been put in place to secure the Red Fort from where Prime Minister Narendra Modi will address the nation on the 75nd Independence Day on Sunday.
The security ring, including NSG snipers, elite SWAT commandos, kite catchers, canine units and sharpshooters on high-rise buildings, has been placed around the Mughal-era fort, and adherence to social distancing norms will be must like last year due to the Covid pandemic.
Here are the detail traffic advisory issued by Joint Commissioner of Police, Traffic (H.Q), Delhi
TRAFFIC RESTRICTIONS AROUND RED FORT
The following roads will be closed for general traffic from 04.00 AM to 10.00 AM and only labeled vehicles will be permitted:
- Netaji Subhash Marg from Delhi Gate to Chatta Rail Chowk.
- Lothian Road from GPO Delhi to Chatta Rail Chowk.
- S.P.Mukherjee Marg from H.C.Sen Marg to Yamuna Bazar Chowk.
- Chandni Chowk Road from Fountain Chowk to Red Fort.
- Nishad Raj Marg from Ring Road to Netaji Subhash Marg.
- Esplanade Road and its Link Road to Netaji Subhash Marg.
- Ring Road from Rajghat to ISBT.
- Outer ring Road from ISBT to IP Flyover i.e. Salimgarh Bypass (As & when required).
ROADS THAT MAY BE AVOIDED FROM 04:00 HOURS TO 10:00 HOURS:
Those vehicles which do not have parking labels for the Independence Day Celebration-2021 may avoid C- Hexagon India Gate, Copernicus Marg, Mandi House, Sikandra Road, W Point, A point Tilak Marg, Mathura Road, BSZ Marg, Subhash Marg, J.L. Nehru Marg and Ring Road between Nizammuddin Bridge and ISBT bridge and outer ring road from IP Flyover through Salimgarh Bypass to ISBT and take the route as advised.
Alternative 1: Aurobindo Marg – Safdarjang Road – Mother Teresa Crescent – Park Street– Mandir Marg – Panchkuian Road – Rani Jhansi Road and reach their destinations in North Delhi and vice-versa.
Alternative 2: Reach Connaught Place – Minto Road – Bhavbhuti Marg – Ajmeri Gate –Shradhanand Marg – Lahori Gate Chowk – Naya Bazar – Peeli Kothi – S.P. Mukherjee Marg up to ODRS and reach their destination in North Delhi and vice versa.
Alternative 3: Reach Nizamuddin Bridge to cross Yamuna – Pushta Road – G.T. Road and cross Yuddhiisthar Setu to ISBT and reach their destination in North Delhi and vice versa.
EAST WEST CORRIDOR:
- DND – NH24 (NH9) – Vikas Marg – Shahdara Bridge and Wazirabad Bridge will remain open to reach Ring Road.
- Vikas Marg – DDU Marg – Bhavbhuti Marg – DBG Road Boulevard Road – Barf Khana – Rani Jhansi flyover – D B G Road – Panchkuian Road will remain open.
- Geeta Colony Bridge will be closed towards Shantivan :- Similarly, Traffic would not be permitted on lower Ring Road from ISBT Kashmere Gate towards Shantivan and from IP flyover towards Rajghat.
Adequate informative signages will be displayed for the guidance of vehicular traffic destined for the Red Fort at all important traffic junctions.
RESTRICTIONS ON MOVEMENT OF COMMERCIAL TRANSPORT AND INTERSTATE BUSES:
- Goods vehicles will not be permitted between Nizamuddin Bridge and Wazirabad Bridge from the 00:00 midnight to 11:00 AM on 13.08.2021.
- Interstate buses will not be allowed between Maharana Pratap ISBT and Sarai Kale Khan ISBT From 00.00 midnight TO 11.00 AM on 13.08.2021.
RESTRICTIONS ON MOVEMENT OF CITY BUSES APART FROM RESTRICTED ROADS:
- Local city buses including DTC will not move on Ring Road from 0000 midnight to 11 AM on 13.08.2021 between ISBT and Ring Road – NH-24(NH-9)/NH ‘T’ point (Nizamuddin Khatta) and take alternative route available.
- Buses ordinarily terminating at Red Fort, Jama Masjid and Delhi Main Railway Station will be curtailed/diverted as below:-
- Opposite Ramlila Ground on J.L.N. Marg for buses approaching from South and West Delhi. Pedestrians can approach Red Fort via Nukkar Faiz Bazar and Subhash Marg.
- At Mori Gate and Tis Hazari for buses coming from North, North West and East Delhi via ISBT Bridge. Pedestrians can reach Red Fort via Pul Dufferin and S.P. Mukherjee Marg.
- At Boulevard Road opp. Maharaja Agrasen Park for buses coming from North Delhi side from Ring Road. Pedestrians can reach Red Fort via Lothian Road – Chhatta Rail – S.P. Mukherjee Marg – Chandni Chowk –Esplanade Road.
Normal bus service will be restored after 10:00 AM
How to Approach/Reach Important places:
1) Old Delhi Railway Station:
a) From West and South Delhi: Mother Teresa Crescent – Park Street – Mandir Marg – Panchkuian Road – Rani Jhansi Flyover – Azad Market – Boulevard Road – Mori Gate – Pul Dufferin – S.P. Mukherjee Marg to reach the Railway Station.
b) From North: Mori Gate – Pul Dufferin – S.P. Mukherjee Marg to reach the Railway Station.
2) New Delhi Rly. Station: There is no restriction.
3) ISBT Kashmere Gate
a) From New Delhi and South Delhi: Mother Teresa Crescent – Park Street –Mandir Marg – Panchkuian Road – Rani Jhansi Road and Rani Jhansi Flyover – Boulevard Road.
b) From North Delhi: There is no restriction.
4) J.P.N. Hospital: There is no restriction.
5) Kasturba Hospital: Ajmeri Gate – Ajmeri Bazar – Chowk Hauz Quazi – Chawri Bazar –Chowk Barshabullah – Urdu Bazar.
- No cameras, binoculars, Remote Control car keys, umbrella, handbags, briefcases, transistors, cigarette lighters, tiffin boxes, water bottles, lunch boxes etc. will be permitted.
- Members of the public are requested not to touch any suspicious object. They are requested to immediately report about the presence of any unidentified/suspected object, suspicious movement of individuals & vehicles or anything out of the ordinary, to the nearest policeman.
The following roads shall be closed for movement for Intra City/DTC buses from 0000 hrs to 1100 hrs.
a) Lothian Road from Chhatta Rail to Kashmere Gate.
b) Subhash Marg from Chhatta Rail to Delhi Gate.
c) Shyama Parsad Mukherjee Marg.
d) Ring Road between Nizamuddin Bridge (NH-24) and northern loop ISBT.
e) ‘C’ Heaxagon, Shershah Road, Purana Quila Road, Copernicus Road, Pandara Road, Rajpath, Akbar Road, Tilak Marg, Sikandara Road, Bhagwan Dass Marg & BSZ Marg,
f) Vikas Marg, beyond loop towards Delhi Secretariat.
g) K.G. Marg from Ferozeshah Road to “C” Hexagon.
h) Ashoka Road from R/A Windsor Place to “C” Hexagon.
FROM TRANS YAMUNA AREA
(i) G.T ROAD/ISBT BRIDGE
- Buses bound for Kauria Pul/Red Fort /Old Delhi Railway Station shall operate via ISBT Bridge (Yudhistir Setu ) and terminate at Boulevard Road – Near Mori Gate U – Turn.
- Return route via Boulevard Road after taking ‘U’ turn from Mori Gate U – turn for ISBT Bridge (Yudhistir Setu).
- Buses bound for New Delhi/ Connaught Place/Central Secretariat shall operate via new ISBT Bridge – Boulevard Road – Rani Jhansi Flyover– Rani Jhansi Road – Mandir Marg – Peshwa Road – Gole Market & Shivaji Stadium Terminal/Central Secretariat Terminal.
(ii) VIKAS MARG
- Buses bound for North Delhi shall proceed via Marginal Bandh Road (Pusta), G.T Road, Shastri Park, ISBT Bridge, Boulevard Road and proceed further.
- Buses bound for South Delhi shall proceed via Mother Diary Road, take left loop to take NH – 24, towards Nizamuddin Bridge – Ring Road towards Ashram Chowk.
- Buses bound for New Delhi shall deboard the passengers on Vikas Marg, New Secretariat. Bus stand and will take U turn from under IP Flyover for return journey towards Vikas Marg.
BUSES COMING FROM BARAF-KHANA
All Buses otherwise terminating at Old Delhi Railway Station/Kauria Pul/Red Fort/Jama Masjid shall be curtailed as mentioned below:
- Buses coming from Roshanara Road for Old Delhi Railway Station shall terminate opposite State Bank of India inside Tis Hazari Courts.
- Return journey will be via Boulevard Road towards Barafkhana.
- Buses coming from Old Rohtak Road for old Delhi Railway Station, Red Fort shall terminate opposite Telephone Exchange near GPO (TBC).
- Return journey will be via Gokhale Road-Zorawar Singh Marg.
- Buses coming from New Rohtak Road for Old Delhi Railway Station, Red Fort shall terminate on Gokhale Marg between Tikona Park and In – Gate Tis Hazari Court.
- Return journey will be via Gokhale Road – Zorawar Singh Marg.
- Buses coming from Malka Ganj for Old Delhi Railway Station, Red Fort shall terminate on Gokhale Marg adjoining boundary wall of Tikona Park.
- Return journey will be via Gokhale Road – Zorawar Singh Marg.
- All private and mini buses shall be terminated at MCD car parking (Mori Gate ).
- Gokhale road shall be one-way from R/A Mori Gate towards P.S Metro Station Kashmiri Gate & R/A Mori Gate to Gokhale Market ‘T’ Point.
BUSES COMING FROM AJMERI GATE/MINTO BRIDGE
- All Buses otherwise terminating at Old Delhi Railway Station, Red Fort, Bhai Mati Dass Chowk, Mori Gate, ISBT, Pragati Maidan and Ambedkar Stadium Terminal shall terminate Opp. Turkman Gate Asaf Ali Road.
- Return journey by taking ‘U’-Turn on J.L.N Marg and proceed further.
BUSES COMING FROM MALL ROAD SIDE
- All buses otherwise terminating at Old Delhi Railway Station, Red Fort, Jama Masjid, Kauriya Pul shall terminate on Boullevard Road upto Mori Gate.
Return journey will be via Boullevard Road, Ring Road and Chandgi Ram Akhara, IP College light point.
BUSES COMING FROM SOUTH DELHI
Buses bound for Red fort, Old Delhi Railway Station, Bhai Mati Dass Chowk (Fountain) from South Delhi will be diverted via Ring Road – NH -24, Marginal Bandh (Pushta) Road, new ISBT Bridge and shall terminate on Boulevard Road.
Return journey by taking ‘U’ Turn and proceed further via ISBT Bridge.
- Buses bound for Connaught Place from South Delhi shall be diverted towards Ring Road and further take Upper Ridge Road upto R/A Karol Bagh and reach Connaught Place via Jhandewalan Panchkuian Road Shivaji Stadium terminal.
- Buses bound for ISBT Maharana Pratap Terminal shall proceed Ring Road and further take Upper Ridge Road upto R/A Karol Bagh Faiz Road Filmistan Azad Mkt. Chowk, Boulevard Road and reach Mori Gate/ ISBT.
- Buses bound for East Delhi from South Delhi shall proceed via Ring Road- Hazrat Nizamuddin Bridge- (NH-24) – New PatparGanj Road.
- Buses bound for East Delhi from South Delhi coming at Lala Lajpat Rai Marg will be diverted on Mathura Road towards the Ashram Chowk – Ring Road from Lodhi Fly over R/A NeelaGumbad.
- Buses bound for Red Fort, Jama Masjid, KauriyaPul from Firozshah Road and going towards Mandi House shall take Barakhamba Road from Mandi House, Ranjit Singh Flyover and terminate Opp. Turkman Gate Asaf Ali Road.
Return journey via J.L.N.Marg, Ranjeet Singh Flyover by taking ‘U’ Turn and proceed further.
Mudrika Services (Buses) shall take route via new ISBT Bridge, Shastri Park, Pusta Kailash Gandhi Nagar – Vikas Marg – Mother Dairy Road- Loop NH – 24 (Trilok Puri) – Nizamuddin Bridge – turn left Ring road for Sarai Kale Khan.
- All buses coming from Ghaziabad towards Delhi shall move via Bhopura Chungi Road from Mohan Nagar for Wazirabad Road and then towards Chandgi Ram Akhara – U turn ISBT and enter ISBT.
- All Buses coming from Dhaula Kuan shall be diverted on Ring Road for taking Punjabi Bagh – Azad Pur – Akhara Chandgi Ram – U turn ISBT and enter ISBT.
- All buses operating between ISBT and Faridabad (Badarpur) shall either terminate at Sarai Kale Khan or be diverted on Ring road via Dhaula Kuan – Punjabi Bagh – Azad Pur – Akhara Chandgi Ram – U turn ISBT and enter ISBT.
- No bus shall be allowed to take ‘U’ turn at northern loop of Ring Road near BudhVihar (Monastery) and would be diverted towards Wazirabad to go Trans Yamuna or take U turn from Chandgiram Akhara and take loop of ISBT Flyover to go towards Shastri Park and Buses bound for Dhaula Kuan shall take Boulevard Road, Rani Jhansi Road, Link Road and upper Ridge Road (Vande Matram Marg).
- Buses bound for Loni Border shall proceed via Wazirabad Bridge and those bound for Ghaziabad shall proceed via ISBT Bridge.
DTC RECOVERY VANS:
DTC recovery vans shall be stationed (from 0600 hrs onward till diversions are cleared) as under:-
1. Central Control Room – Gokhale Marg
2. Ghata Masjid
3. Yamuna Bazar
4. Delhi Gate
5. Chatta Rail Chowk.
The advisory also said that buses originating from East, North, Central, West, South and intending to use BSZ Marg – Tilak Marg – Subash Marg – Ring Road [Between Akhara Chandgi Ramand Hazrat Nizamuddin Bridge] be directed to avoid these stretches and take alternative routes as suggested above.