Traffic Partially Open on Jammu-Srinagar Highway
Only partial traffic for stranded vehicles was allowed on Saturday on the Jammu-Srinagar highway which has remained closed due to landslides.
Vehicles move at snail's pace during light snowfall in Srinagar. (Image: PTI)
Jammu: Only partial traffic for stranded vehicles was allowed on Saturday on the Jammu-Srinagar highway which has remained closed due to landslides.
"After remaining closed for two days due to multiple landslides in Jammu's Ramban sector, the highway was partially restored," a traffic official said.
"Only stranded vehicles will be cleared today (Saturday) and no traffic from either Jammu or Srinagar will be permitted."
Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti met with Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu in New Delhi on Friday during which she requested the Centre to allow vehicular traffic through the Bannihal-Qazigund tunnel.
The tunnel connects the Kashmir Valley with the Ramban district.(Get detailed and live results of each and every seat of the state Assemblies in Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Telangana, Chhattisgarh and Mizoram to know which candidate/party is leading or trailing and to know who has won and who has lost and by what margin. Our one-of-its-kind Election Analytics Centre lets you put on the psephologist's hat. Know interesting facts and trivia about the elections. Elections = News18)
Recommended For You
- Isha Ambani-Anand Piramal Wedding: Bollywood Stars Arrive in Style, See Pics
- Kapil Sharma-Ginni Chatrath's Wedding Sangeet: Guests Have a Blast With Krushna, Bharti
- Zero Song Husn Parcham: Raja Kumari Adds Sparks to Katrina Kaif’s Song
- EXCLUSIVE | Haven’t Closed Communication Channels with Mithali: Powar
- PUBG What? Doom, World's First First-Person Shooter Game, Turns 25 Years Old
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s