Tragedy Averted, 50 Girls Rescued from Blaze in Janakpuri hostel
The fire broke out in an electric panel at the basement entry of the hostel, the fire officer said.
New Delhi: Fifty girls were safely evacuated after a fire broke out in a girls hostel near the Janakpuri metro station in west Delhi on Wednesday morning, the Delhi Fire Service (DFS) said.
Six of the girls were taken to a nearby hospital due to problems caused by smoke inhalation, Chief Fire Officer Atul Garg said. Two of them were discharged after first aid, he said. The fire department said they received a call about the blaze at 3 am after which four fire tenders were rushed to the spot.
The fire broke out in an electric panel at the basement entry of the hostel, the fire officer said. The fire was brought under control by 3.30 am, the fire officer added.
Recommended For You
- WATCH | Kapil Dev Recollects His Knock of 175 Against Zimbabwe
- Played Pokémon Growing Up? Your Brain May Have a 'Special Region' For It
- Not Your or Rest of World’s Business: Sania Mirza, Veena Mallik Engage in Twitter Spat Post India's Win Over Pakistan
- Taylor Swift Flaunts Ring Worth USD 15,000 & Other Blingy Accessories in 'You Need to Calm Down'
- Elon Musk Tweets That He 'Deleted Twitter Account', is Now 'Daddy DotCom'
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s