Trainer Plane Catches Fire in Amethi, Pilot Safe
The plane was on a practice sortie when the pilot was approaching the runway after remaining airborne for 20 minutes, he lost control over the plane and the aircraft skidded off the runway catching fire.
Image for representation. (News18)
Amethi: A trainer aircraft on Monday skidded off the runway while landing at the Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Akademi (IGRUA) in Fursatganj of Uttar Pradesh's Amethi. The pilot jumped off the aircraft to save himself, sources said.
The plane was on a practice sortie, sources said, adding when the pilot was approaching the runway after remaining airborne for 20 minutes, he lost control over the plane and the aircraft skidded off the runway catching fire. However, the pilot jumped off the burning plane.
The fire officials managed to douse the fire but the plane was totally damaged.
IGRUA media in-charge R.K. Dwivedi said: "There is no casualty. The trainee pilot managed to save himself. The area has been sealed and a probe team from Delhi has left for the academy".
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- On International Men's Day, Salman Khan Shares Secrets to Being Dabangg
- Mubi Wants You to Watch Critically Acclaimed Cinema at Rs 199 For Three Months
- WhatsApp Beta Tests Letting You Sign in on Multiple Devices; No Dark Mode Updates Yet
- Maneka Gandhi Sends Help Within an Hour After Journalist Tweets Photo of Injured Monkey
- Kerala MLA Asked Locals to Gift Him Books, Now He's Donating Them to School Libraries