Travelling from Delhi to U'khand, BJP MP's Car Overturns in Haridwar; Lawmaker in Hospital
Though Tirath Singh Rawat, the MP from Pauri, suffered some internal injuries in his shoulder and neck, he is out of danger.
Dehradun: BJP MP Tirath Singh Rawat was injured on Sunday when his car overturned while trying to avoid a collision with another vehicle in Uttarakhand's Haridwar district, police sources said.
Though Rawat, the MP from Pauri, suffered some internal injuries in his shoulder and neck, he is out of danger, they said. Rawat's driver and a security personnel were also injured in the accident which occurred near Bhimgauda when the BJP leader was going from Delhi to Pauri in his car, the police sources said.
The car went off the road and overturned as the driver lost control of it while trying to avoid a collision with another vehicle coming from the opposite direction, they said.
The MP was rushed to a hospital in Haridwar and then referred to AIIMS in Rishikesh where he is undergoing treatment, the police sources said. Rawat was earlier the state unit chief of the BJP.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Amitabh Bachchan and Jhund Team Served Notice for Copyright Infringement
- Watch: Journalist Attacked with Tear Gas on Eyes while Covering Bolivian Protest
- Lionel Messi Told Me to Shut My Mouth, Alleges Brazil Coach Tite But Argentine Star Has the Last Laugh
- Yuvraj Singh Wishes Sania Mirza On Birthday With Quirky Post, Her Reply Will Leave You in Splits
- Italian Council Floods Minutes After Rejecting Steps to Combat Climate Change