Tremors Felt in Mumbai After Earthquake of 4.3 Magnitude Jolts Palghar in Maharashtra
The quake struck Dahanu town in Palghar of Maharashtra around 11:00 am. No casualty and damage has been reported yet and the depth of the earthquake was 5km.
Mumbai: Mild tremors were felt in Mumbai city after an earthquake of magnitude 4.3 on the Richter scale hit Palghar district of Maharashtra on Friday morning.
The quake struck Dahanu town in Palghar around 11:00 am. No casualty and damage has been reported yet and the depth of the earthquake was 5km.
Several people took to social media and said they felt tremors of mild intensity.
Meanwhile, an earthquake measuring 3.3 on the Richter scale hit Himachal Pradesh's Chamba district as well on Friday. There was no loss of life.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Mission Mangal vs Batla House Box Office: Akshay Kumar Maintains Lead on Day 3
- DDCA to Name Stand After Virat Kohli in Feroz Shah Kotla Stadium
- Jio Effect: Hathway 100Mbps Plan Priced at Rs 699, Play Box Android TV Box Available at Rs 899
- Yezdi Motorcycles to Make India Entry Soon; Instagram, Website Goes Live
- Instagram Users Can Report False Content And Expect Fact Checkers to Verify it