Trichy Fire: Ten Die in Blast at Fireworks Factory
Five persons died in a blast at a fireworks factory in Thuraiyur town of Tiruchirapalli district in Tamil Nadu on Thursday morning.
Image only for representational purpose only.
Tamil Nadu: Ten people were killed after a blast ripped through a fireworks factory in Thuraiyur town of Tamil Nadu’s Tiruchirapalli district on Thursday morning.
As per the latest reports, many are still feared to be trapped inside the building.
Reportedly there were 17 people inside the building when it collapsed after the blast.
Five dead after fire breaks out at a fireworks factory in Trichy (Thuraiyur,Tamil Nadu). pic.twitter.com/0YximLiVWC
— ANI (@ANI_news) December 1, 2016
A media report quotes fire officials as saying that no persons has been rescued.
The officials have also informed that fire has been contained.
Sources have claimed that the death toll may go up.
G. Sathyanarayanan, deputy director-in-charge of Fire and Rescue services (central region), Tamil Nadu said, "An explosion was heard at Vetrivel Explosives near Tiruchirappalli (333 km from Chennai) in the morning. The ground and first floors have collapsed."
"The fire is under control, but smoke was still emanating, which is being tackled," Sathyanarayanan said.
Around 25 fire service personnel were at the accident site. Three fire tenders were pressed into service.
"Once the debris are cleared, we would know about the number of fatalities, if any," he said.
(With inputs from IANS)
Recommended For You
- Shahid Kapoor, Kiara Advani Are Separated by Distance Not by Emotion in Kabir Singh Song Tera Ban Jaunga
- Elon Musk Tweets That He 'Deleted Twitter Account', is Now 'Daddy DotCom'
- Maruti Suzuki Launches BS-VI-Compliant WagonR at Rs 5.10 Lakh
- Sudan-Bound Turkish Airlines Flight Returned to Istanbul After a Passenger Creates Ruckus Midair
- Modified Bajaj Avenger Looks Like a 1247cc Harley Davidson V-Rod - Watch Video
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s