Trinamool Leader Shot Dead by Bike-borne Assailants in West Bengal
The local Trinamool Congress leadership blamed the BJP for the murder of Nirmal Kundu in West Bengal.
Trinamool Congress leader Nirmal Kundu. (Image: Twitter)
Kolkata: A Trinamool Congress (TMC) leader was shot dead by bike-borne assailants in West Bengal's North 24 Parganas district on Tuesday, police said.
Nirmal Kundu, the TMC President for ward no. 6 of Nimta area, was allegedly shot twice in the head on an open road around 7 pm.
"According to primary investigation, four-five unidentified men on motorbikes shot Kundu twice. He was rushed to a local hospital where he was declared brought dead," said an officer from Nimta police station.
While the local TMC leadership blamed the BJP for the murder, the officer added: "We are probing the case. So far, we haven't found any evidence to clarify the motive behind the killing."
Recommended For You
- Sunny Deol Didn't Speak to Shah Rukh Khan for 16 Years After He Played a Glorified Villain in Darr
- Pakistan Fans Trashing Their Own Team After India’s World Cup Victory is Pure Gold
- Game of Thrones Star Sophie Turner to Play Boy George in His Biopic?
- Mumbai's 'Dabbawalas' Get New Comic Book Based On Them
- Modified Bajaj Avenger Looks Like a 1247cc Harley Davidson V-Rod - Watch Video
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s