Tripura Man Falls and Dies in Dam on Gomati River While Taking Selfie
The 28-year-old man was clicking selfies from a risky toehold and slipped and fell on the rocks from a height of 50 m and died on Friday.
Agartala: A man fell from the spillway of a dam on Gomati river in Tripura while trying to take selfies and died on the spot, police said on Saturday.
The 28-year-old man was clicking selfies from a risky toehold and slipped and fell on the rocks from a height of 50 m and died on Friday, Amarpur sub-divisional police officer Snehashish Deb said.
Locals rescued him and rushed him to a nearby hospital, where doctors declared him brought dead, the SDPO said.
The man hails from Agartala and had gone to visit the dam with his relative, whom he was visiting, he said. The 42 sq km lake created by the dam at Gomati district is a famous tourist spot of the state.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- ISL 2019-20: NorthEast United FC vs Chennaiyin FC in Guwahati Postponed Due to CAB Protests
- PUBG Mobile Addiction: 20-Year-Old Drinks Chemical Instead of Water While Playing Game
- Rani Mukerji Says Mardaani 2 to Release Without Promotional Songs
- 'What is Article 370?' Becomes Most Searched Term by Indians on Google in 2019
- India’s Personal Data Protection Bill is Heading For Review: Everything You Must Know