Tripura MP Donates Rs 1,00,000 From First Salary for Assam Flood Relief
Pratima Bhowmik, BJP state General Secretary, donated Rs 1,00,000 from her first salary as Lok Sabha MP from Tripura West towards Assam flood relief.
File photo of Tripura West MP Pratima Bhowmik. (Image: Twitter/@RoniDeb9)
Agartala: Pratima Bhowmik, the Lok Sabha MP from Tripura West parliamentary constituency, donated Rs 1,00,000 from her first month's salary for Assam flood relief, a BJP leader said here on Wednesday.
Bhowmik, 50, is also the General Secretary of the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party in Tripura.
"Pratima Didi donated Rs 100,000 from her first month's salary for Assam flood relief. She handed over the amount to an Assam government official in New Delhi on Tuesday," BJP leader Victor Shome told IANS.
At least 67 people have died and 33,55,837 have been affected in the deluge that has inundated over 2,000 villages in 17 districts of Assam.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Kiara Advani, Bhumi Pednekar Bare it All For Dabboo Ratnani's Calendar
- Stoners Out: To Limit Crowds, Amsterdam May Soon Ban Tourists from Visiting Cannabis Cafes
- Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone's Resemblance to Kapil Dev and Romi Bhatia in '83 Will Amaze You
- India Recommended as Hosts of AFC Women's Asian Cup 2022 Among 3 Bidders
- U-17 Women's World Cup Will Positively Impact Entire Indian Ecosystem: FIFA Chief Women's Football Officer