Twenty Five Stray Dogs Killed in Varkala in Response to Mauling of a 90-Year-Old
A day after a 90-year-old was mauled to death by stray dogs, at least 25 stray dogs were killed in Varkala.
Picture for representation.
Varkala: A day after a 90-year-old was mauled to death by stray dogs, at least 25 stray dogs were killed in Varkala.
The bodies of the dogs were displayed on the road. Though the police came to the spot and arrested the accused, a section of the public was against the arrest. To avoid law and order situation, the police had to disperse the people. A case has been registered in this regard.
Jose Maveli, of the stray dog eradication group, was also there at Varkala. Maveli said that he had come there to pay last respects to Raghavan who was killed by stray dogs.
More details are awaited.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- Vijay Owns the Floor with Killer Dance Moves at 'Master' Promotions, Watch Video
- Asim Riaz Pens Romantic Poem for Himanshi Khurana
- 'This is Hope': Indians Take to Twitter to Show Off Their Diyas For #9pm9minutes Solidarity
- Kaka Chooses Lionel Messi Over Cristiano Ronaldo, Calls Argentine 'Genius, Pure Talent'
- Super Pink Moon Will Take Your Breath Away on April 8, But What is a Supermoon?