Twitter Abuzz After Amritsar Users Say They Heard 'Loud Sounds'
Jagjit Singh Walia, ADCP Amritsar, dismissed the rumours, saying they had no information.
Image for representation. (PTI)
Jagjit Singh Walia, ADCP Amritsar, told news agency ANI” "I appeal to the people to not believe in rumours on social media. Everything is okay. As per our information nothing has happened.”
One of the theories floating around on Twitter says it could be "sonic booms" from two air force jets flying in the area. Twitter users said the loud sounds were heard at around 1am on Friday.
My entire house shook from the blasts. #Amritsar— Ragini (@raginigauri98) 14 March 2019
Sonic boom heard in #Amritsar— Sukhreet Singh (@SukhreetS) 14 March 2019
That's the sound generated when an object breaks the sound barrier, jets in this case. No need to worry. Go back to bed.
Nothing has happened just our two Sukhoi-30 MKI roared in the sky. #Amritsar— Taichung Changa (@TaiChanga11) 15 March 2019
Police said they were investigating the matter.
Recommended For You
- Watch: Top Stories Of This Hour
- #BoycottNetflix Trends on Twitter After Hasan Minhaj Compared PM Modi to Trump on 'Patriot Act'
- Karan Johar: It’s My Prerogative to Talk About My Life, My Sexuality, My Orientation
- Google Launches Game Streaming Platform Called Stadia, to Take on The Traditional Gaming Industry
- Apple Updates The iMac Range With New Intel Processors and Radeon Pro Vega Graphics
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s