Two Arrested in Saharanpur Violence; Internet Services Restored
Two persons were on Saturday arrested in connection with the violence in the district on May 9 in which a police chowki and 20 vehicles were set ablaze.
Image for representation only.
Saharanpur: Two persons were on Saturday arrested in connection with the violence in the district on May 9 in which a police chowki and 20 vehicles were set ablaze, even as the authorities restored Internet services in the district.
Additional Superintendent of Police Prtabal Pratap Singh said that two main accused, Rajan and Kadam Singh alias Shivam were arrested by the SIT with the help of local police.
During interrogation, Rajan and Kadam have confessed to their involvement in the violence, another senior police officer claimed.
The two have been sent to jail.
Meanwhile, Saharanpur DM P K Pandey said that the Internet services have been restored in the district but the administration is keeping an eye on social media through surveillance teams of Saharanpur, Meerut and Lucknow.
On May 9, a police chowki was burnt, over 20 vehicles torched while several instances of stone-pelting and clashes were reported from across Saharanpur.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Jon Snow Actor Kit Harington Hasn’t Watched Game of Thrones Season 8
- Apple iPhone 11 Preorders Are Already Sold Out on Amazon And Flipkart
- A Simple Case of Ear Infection Could Be the Reason Why Entire Species of Neanderthals Went Extinct
- Deepak Punia Books Tokyo Olympics Quota After Entering Semis at World Wrestling Championships
- 'Bhindi,' Coconut, 'Hing' and Raw Turmeric: Chefs Reveal Their Most Hated Ingredients