Two Arrested in Saharanpur Violence; Internet Services Restored
Two persons were on Saturday arrested in connection with the violence in the district on May 9 in which a police chowki and 20 vehicles were set ablaze.
The accused, Rajan and Kadam Singh alias Shivam were arrested by the SIT with the help of local police.(Image for representation only.)
Saharanpur: Two persons were on Saturday arrested in connection with the violence in the district on May 9 in which a police chowki and 20 vehicles were set ablaze, even as the authorities restored Internet services in the district.
Additional Superintendent of Police Prtabal Pratap Singh said that two main accused, Rajan and Kadam Singh alias Shivam were arrested by the SIT with the help of local police.
During interrogation, Rajan and Kadam have confessed to their involvement in the violence, another senior police officer claimed.
The two have been sent to jail.
Meanwhile, Saharanpur DM P K Pandey said that the Internet services have been restored in the district but the administration is keeping an eye on social media through surveillance teams of Saharanpur, Meerut and Lucknow.
On May 9, a police chowki was burnt, over 20 vehicles torched while several instances of stone-pelting and clashes were reported from across Saharanpur.
Recommended For You
- Avengers Endgame: Marvel Superheroes Will Build a New Infinity Gauntlet to Defeat Thanos?
- Chinese Police Use Criminal's Childhood Picture On Wanted Poster, Says 'Features Don't Change'
- AutoSpace - Best of the Week: Delhi Police Bus, Hyundai, Kia Motors & Ola, Boeing 737
- TV Actress Chahatt Khanna Attacked and Harassed by 14 Drunken Men on Holi
- IPL 2019 | Friends Turn Foes as CSK Take On RCB in Opener
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s