Two Brothers Among 3 Killed as Motorcycle Rams into Tractor in Chhattisgarh's Surajpur
The mishap took place on Sunday evening near village Raghunathpur when the victims were on their way to Premnangar to take part in a kabaddi championship being held on the occasion of Durga Maha Ashtami.
Korba: Two brothers and their teenage friend were killed when the motorcycle they were riding rammed into a stationary tractor in Chhattisgarh's Surajpur district, police said on Monday.
The mishap took place on Sunday evening near village Raghunathpur when the victims were on their way to Premnangar to take part in a kabaddi championship being held on the occasion of Durga Maha Ashtami, said OP Kujur, Station House Officer (SHO), Premnagar police station.
As per eyewitnesses, the motorcycle carrying the trio was being driven at a high speed and it crashed into the rear side of the tractor parked on roadside, he said.
All three, who died on the spot, were identified as Jai Singh (22), his brother Jitendra (20) and their friend Amarnath (17), all residents of nearby Chandan Nagar village, Kujur said.
The bodies were handed over to their relatives on Monday after a post-mortem, he said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Hrithik Roshan Visits Shiv Temple on Mahashivratri with Sussanne Khan and Family, See Pics
- A Wall, Whiter Taj and Stink-free Yamuna: The Many Ways India is 'Cleaning Up' to Welcome Trump
- Icons on Your Windows 10 PC Are Set to Get Their First Big Makeover in Years
- Mentally Unsound Man Poses as Doctor, Prescribes Medicines to Patients in Madhya Pradesh
- Brisbane Student Offers Rs 950 to Kill Cockroach in His Room, Are You up for It?