Two Brothers Drown in River While Performing Raksha Bandhan Ritual in UP
The brothers were performing a ritual on the banks of the Mandakini River when one of them slipped and fell and the other jumped in after him to try and save him.
Image for representation only.
Banda (Uttar Pradesh): Two teenaged brothers drowned in the Mandakini River on Sunday while performing a ritual on Raksha Bandhan, police said.
Police said Shyamu Verma, 17, and Bhanu Verma, 15, had gone to the river along with their sister to perform ‘Kajli Visarjan’, a ritual performed in the Bundelkhand region before a sister ties 'rakhi' on a brother's wrist. During the ceremony, Shyamu slipped and fell in the river and Bhanu jumped in to try and save him.
Unfortunately, both of them drowned, a police officer said. The incident took place in Kashai village under Karwi police station limit.
The bodies have been fished out and sent for post mortem, the police officer said.
Recommended For You
- Leonardo DiCaprio, Brad Pitt to Compete with Akshay Kumar, John Abraham, Saif Ali Khan on August 15
- Motor Vehicle (Amendment) Bill 2019: Drunken Driving to Cost Rs 10,000, Driving Without a Licence to Cost Rs 5000
- Fan Shares Akshay Kumar’s Picture from 1997, His Response is Winning the Internet
- Best and Worst Day of my Cricketing Life – Guptill Looks Back at World Cup Final
- OxygenOS 9.0.7 Update for OnePlus 5/5T Brings Fnatic Mode and Screen Recorder