Two Children Killed After Noida School Wall Collapses, CM Yogi Orders Probe
The incident took place around 10 am at a private primary school in Salarpur village under Noida Sector 49 police station limits.
The Union HRD Ministry issued a directive to school sin 2018 asking them to cut down on the students' bag burden.
Noida: Two children were killed and three others injured after a wall of a school building collapsed on them in a village here Monday, police said.
The incident took place around 10 am at a private primary school in Salarpur village under Sector 49 police station limits, they said. "Two children have died, while three others were injured in the incident," Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP), Gautam Buddh Nagar, Ajay Pal Sharma said.
The injured students were undergoing treatment at a local hospital, he said. SSP Sharma and District Magistrate Brajesh Narain Singh met the families of the victims and took stock of the situation, officials said. The cause of the wall collapse is yet to be ascertained, they said.
Meanwhile, chief minister Yogi Adityanath has ordered a probe into the matter.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13 Day 19 Written Update: Rashami Desai Reveals She had Issues with Sidharth Shukla
- Milind Soman and Ankita Konwar Share Vacation Pictures from Iceland
- Streaming Now: Krystle D'souza Turns Gold Digger in Fittrat, Amazon Prime's Modern Love is a Must-Watch
- Kajol Recreates Iconic Simran Pose as 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge' Completes 24 Years
- 'Only Lionel Messi' Thread on Twitter Proves Why He is the Best in Football