Two Children Killed After Noida School Wall Collapses, CM Yogi Orders Probe
The incident took place around 10 am at a private primary school in Salarpur village under Noida Sector 49 police station limits.
The Union HRD Ministry issued a directive to school sin 2018 asking them to cut down on the students' bag burden.
Noida: Two children were killed and three others injured after a wall of a school building collapsed on them in a village here Monday, police said.
The incident took place around 10 am at a private primary school in Salarpur village under Sector 49 police station limits, they said. "Two children have died, while three others were injured in the incident," Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP), Gautam Buddh Nagar, Ajay Pal Sharma said.
The injured students were undergoing treatment at a local hospital, he said. SSP Sharma and District Magistrate Brajesh Narain Singh met the families of the victims and took stock of the situation, officials said. The cause of the wall collapse is yet to be ascertained, they said.
Meanwhile, chief minister Yogi Adityanath has ordered a probe into the matter.
Recommended For You
- ICC World cup 2019 | Arjun Tendulkar Helping England Prepare for Australia Challenge
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas Arrive in Paris Ahead of Joe Jonas-Sophie Turner's Wedding, See Pics
- WhatsApp Working on New Update to Improve Photo Sharing Experience
- Xiaomi's Poco F1 64GB Variant Gets Yet Another Price Cut in India; Now Costs Rs 17,999
- Deja Vu? Imran Khan Turning Chauffeur For Emir of Qatar Reminds People of Earlier Example
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s