Two Coaches of Lucknow-Anand Vihar Double-decker Train Derail Near Moradabad, No Injuries Reported
According to initial reports, the derailment took place between Katghar and Moradabad station at level crossing no 415. There were no injuries reported.
12583 Lucknow to Anand Vihar train derailed between Katghar and Moradabad station. Photo of the derailed wheels
New Delhi: Two coaches of the Lucknow-Anand Vihar double-decker train derailed near Moradabad station on Sunday, officials said, adding that there were no injuries so far.
According to initial reports the derailment took place between Katghar and Moradabad station at level crossing no 415.
No injuries have been reported so far, Northern Railways PRO Deepak Kumar said. The fifth and eighth coach of the train were derailed at 10:15 am, he said. A medical train was also spotted at the site of the incident.
"First priority...safety of passengers....the passengers will be shifted to front portion of the train and train will be moved to Moradabad," Kumar said.
Authorities have also arranged a bus at the site and one at Moradabad. The train will also be moved to Delhi at the earliest.
The lines between Moradabad and Katghar station are twin single line so both up and down traffic will be restored soon.
(With Inputs from PTI)
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Here's How Alia Bhatt Reacted to Her and Ranbir Kapoor's Fake Viral Wedding Card
- BCCI President Has Not Spoken to Me on MS Dhoni: Virat Kohli
- PUBG Mobile: Erangel 2.0 Arriving in December, Glass Windows and New Items Leaked
- 'Bhag Bhag Aaya Sher': Cricket Fans Decode Virat Kohli’s Viral Expression During Ranchi Test
- Ravi Shastri Sleeping During India-South Africa Match is the Internet's New Favourite Meme