Two Days After Sukma Attack, Centre Appoints DG CRPF
Pillai questioned the government's decision of not appointing a full time director general of CRPF and also criticised the ground leadership of the force for not following the standard operating procedures.
IPS officer Rajiv Rai Bhatngar appointed as the new Director General of CRPF. (Photo courtesy: narcoticsindia.nic.in)
New Delhi: Two days after Sukma attack, in which 25 CRPF men were killed, the Centre on Wednesday appointed Rajiv Rai Bhatnagar as DG CRPF.
Bhatnagar is 1983 batch IPS officer.
Earlier in the day, former home secretary GK Pillai questioned the government's decision to review or revise the current Naxal policy.
"For your main internal security force, a DG should have been appointed at least a month in advance. I would definitely question the government's decision to not appoint a full time DG for so long,"Pillai said.
Recommended For You
- Unable to Hold Herself Back, Neha Kakkar Once Again Breaks Down on the Sets of Reality Show
- Kim Kardashian Flaunts Her Most Revealing Gown From Designer Thierry Mugler's 98' Collection
- Covering Imran Khan's Picture in India Regrettable: PCB
- TRAI’s New Rules For Cable And DTH: Dishtv, Sun Direct and Tata Sky Try to Reduce NCF Burden on Subscribers
- 'Who Released JeM Chief?' Sidhu Reminds BJP of Kandahar After Drawing Flak for Pulwama Comments
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s