Two Dead in Fire at Mumbai's Maker Towers in Cuffe Parade, 11 Rescued
Around 17 fire tenders led the rescue operations and evacuated more than 10 people even as the fire spread to the 21st floor of the complex which houses around 50 families.
Mumbai: At least two people are dead in a fire that broke out on the 20th floor of the residential complex at Maker Towers in Mumbai's Cuff parade early on Tuesday morning, PS Rahangdhale, Chief Fire Officer said.
Around 17 fire tenders led the rescue operations and evacuated more than 10 people even as the fire which spread to the 21st floor of the complex was doused.
"There were two servants in the servant quarters between the 20th and 21st floors. They were not able to come out because of the flames and they lost their lives,"Rahangdhale added.
The complex houses around 50 families and initial reports suggest that the house in which the fire originated belongs to the MD of Bajaj Electricals Shekhar Bajaj.
The cause of the fire is yet to be ascertained.
Recommended For You
- Ranveer Singh Thanks His 'Bae' Zoya Akhtar For Gully Boy, See Post
- Meghan Markle or Vaani Kapoor: Who Wore the Self Portrait Green Dress Better?
- Milind Soman And Ankita Konwar Get Married, See Pics
- Despite Being An Avenger, Tom Holland Doesn't Look 'Old Enough' To Buy Beer
- The Trio of Sara Ali Khan, Amrita Singh, Dimple Kapadia Looks Glamorous In This Photo