Two Dead, One Injured in Wall Collapse as Rain Pounds Maharashtra's Nagpur
The three were farm labourers living in a rented accommodation and were asleep when the wall collapsed.
Nagpur: Two persons were killed and one sustained injuries early Saturday morning in a wall collapse in Saoner area of Nagpur in Maharashtra following incessant rains, police said.
Atul Shivram Uikey (17) and Suresh Ramkrishna Karamkar (38) died and Urmila Uikey (35) was critically injured when the wall of a neighbouring house collapsed in Borujwada at around 5am, said Inspector Ashok Koli of Saoner police station.
"The three are farm labourers and were living in a rented house. They were asleep at the time of the incident. The collapsed wall fell on the tin roof of their house, burying them in the debris. Atul and Suresh died on the spot," he added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Swara Bhaskar on Abusing Child Actor on a Show: Was Narrating a Funny Incident
- Sara Ali Khan's Fitness Regime Shows How She Gets Ready for a Guilt-Free Vacation
- Indian Jam Project's Tushar Lall Puts a Desi Spin on 'Hey Jude' in New Beatles Tribute
- Instagram Stalking App Like Patrol Thrown Out by Apple; You Can All Relax Now
- Emotions Got the Better of Me: Raheem Sterling Admits after Being Dropped by England