Two Dead, One Injured in Wall Collapse as Rain Pounds Maharashtra's Nagpur
The three were farm labourers living in a rented accommodation and were asleep when the wall collapsed.
Nagpur: Two persons were killed and one sustained injuries early Saturday morning in a wall collapse in Saoner area of Nagpur in Maharashtra following incessant rains, police said.
Atul Shivram Uikey (17) and Suresh Ramkrishna Karamkar (38) died and Urmila Uikey (35) was critically injured when the wall of a neighbouring house collapsed in Borujwada at around 5am, said Inspector Ashok Koli of Saoner police station.
"The three are farm labourers and were living in a rented house. They were asleep at the time of the incident. The collapsed wall fell on the tin roof of their house, burying them in the debris. Atul and Suresh died on the spot," he added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- 'Hindu, not Hindutva': Why AAP Will be Conducting Monthly ‘Sundar Kand’ Readings for Hanuman in Delhi
- The Race to Launch India’s First 5G Smartphone is Completely Pointless
- Samsung Galaxy Note10 Lite Review: The Battle With The OnePlus 7T is Too Close to Call
- This Company is Making N95 Respirator Mouth Masks with 'Facial Recognition' Technology
- IndiGo Offering Discounted Tickets at Just Rs 3,499 for International Flights