Two Dead, Several Feared Trapped after Three-storey Century-old House Collapses in Ahmedabad
Sources said all the victims were tenants of the house. According to primary information, the incident occurred at Banglawali Chali, Amaraiwadi, in the walled city area of Ahmedabad.
A video grab of the rescue operation underway at Amaraiwadi in Ahmedabad on Thursday. (News18)
Ahmedabad: Two persons, including a 70-year-old woman, died and 10 others were reportedly trapped under the rubble after a three-storey house that is reportedly about 100-year-old collapsed in the Amaraiwadi area of Ahmedabad, Gujarat, on Thursday afternoon.
Sources said all the victims were tenants of the century-old house. According to primary information, the incident occurred at Banglawali Chali, Amaraiwadi, in the walled city area of Ahmedabad.
Two persons were found dead, while four others were rescued by the fire brigade personnel. “At least 10 people are feared trapped under the rubble and rescue teams are making all efforts to rescue them alive. Four persons who were rescued were shifted to hospital for treatment,” said an official.
Narrow bylanes in the area where the tragedy occurred further slowed the rescue operation.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Salman Khan Turns Chef, Makes 'Khichdi' and 'Raita' in New Bigg Boss 13 Promo
- Russian Goalkeeper Saveli Kononov Gets AK-47 for his Man of the Match Performance
- This is My Father's Money, Says KBC 11 Crorepati Sanoj Raj
- Apple TV Plus Shows, Prices Compared with Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hotstar, Zee5
- Mi TV Netflix Support to Finally Roll Out on September 17, Suggests Teaser