Two Election Officials Die on Duty in Uttar Pradesh
Rajaram, 56, was a polling officer in Pipraich under the Gorakhpur Lok Sabha seat and Vinod Srivastav, 50, was deputed at the Bansgaon parliamentary constituency.
Gorakhpur: Two election officials deputed at different polling booths in Uttar Pradesh died on duty Sunday, officials said.
Rajaram, 56, was a polling officer of booth number 381 at Prathmik Vidhyalay Madhopur in Pipraich area under the Gorakhpur Lok Sabha seat, assistant election officer J N Maurya said. He was rushed to Pipraich community health centre where he was declared dead. The body has been sent for post-mortem, he said.
In the Bansgaon parliamentary constituency, Vinod Srivastav (50), deputed at polling booth number 219, died around 12 midnight due to cardiac attack. He was an employee with the sugarcane department. His body too has been sent for post-mortem, Maurya said.
Recommended For You
- Google Play Store Quality Problems: Over 2,000 Malware-Laden Counterfeit Apps Served to Android Users
- Cannot Wait for Dark Mode on WhatsApp? Here is How to Enable it on Android and iOS
- Deepika Padukone Slays in Chic Outfit in This Stunning Photo Shoot, Ranveer Singh Takes Full Credit
- One Pilot Dead, Other Ejected Safely After 2 Eurofighter Jets Crashed in Germany
- ICC World Cup 2019: Experienced Shakib & Mushfiqur Lead the Way on Tough Southampton Track
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s