Two Election Officials Die on Duty in Uttar Pradesh
Rajaram, 56, was a polling officer in Pipraich under the Gorakhpur Lok Sabha seat and Vinod Srivastav, 50, was deputed at the Bansgaon parliamentary constituency.
Gorakhpur: Two election officials deputed at different polling booths in Uttar Pradesh died on duty Sunday, officials said.
Rajaram, 56, was a polling officer of booth number 381 at Prathmik Vidhyalay Madhopur in Pipraich area under the Gorakhpur Lok Sabha seat, assistant election officer J N Maurya said. He was rushed to Pipraich community health centre where he was declared dead. The body has been sent for post-mortem, he said.
In the Bansgaon parliamentary constituency, Vinod Srivastav (50), deputed at polling booth number 219, died around 12 midnight due to cardiac attack. He was an employee with the sugarcane department. His body too has been sent for post-mortem, Maurya said.
Recommended For You
- Sunny Deol Didn't Speak to Shah Rukh Khan for 16 Years After He Played a Glorified Villain in Darr
- Anup Jalota to Co-Host Bigg Boss 13 with Salman Khan? Here’s All You Need to Know
- Gautam Gambhir Pads Up By Taking Oath as Lok Sabha MP
- Nach Baliye 9: Urvashi Dholakia Confirms Participating With Ex-boyfriend Anuj Sachdeva
- NASA Just Found Stark Trek's 'Starfleet' Insignia On Surface of Mars
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s