Two Govt Officials, Another Person Kidnapped by Naxals in Chhattisgarh
The three were reportedly abducted around 4 pm on Friday from Potali village, where construction of a road under the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojna (PMGSY) is underway.
File image of police personnel after a Naxal attack in Chhattisgarh. (Image: Twitter/ANI)
Raipur: Two government officials and an employee of a road contractor were kidnapped by naxals in Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Dantewada district, the police said on Saturday.
The three were reportedly abducted around 4 pm on Friday from Potali village, where construction of a road under the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojna (PMGSY) is underway, a senior police official said.
The abducted persons were identified as Sub Engineer (PMGSY) Arun Marawi, technical assistant (MNREGA) Mohan Baghel and an accountant of the construction contractor. All three were associated with the road construction work.
Police and paramilitary teams rushed to the spot and a combing operation is on, but there is no word as yet about the abducted persons' whereabouts, he said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- How a Wheelchair Taxi Service is Helping Specially-Abled Voters in Mumbai Reach Poll Booths
- Reliance Jio All-In-One Plans Start at Rs 222 Which Includes Bundled Non-Jio Calls
- PUBG Mobile: Payload Mode Arriving on October 23, Here’s Everything we Know
- Amazon Great Indian Festival Sale: Your New OnePlus TV Could Cost as Low as Rs 53,069
- OnePlus TV 55Q1 Pro Review: Mildly Eccentric But You’ll Love a Great QLED Display