Two Groups Clash in Karnataka After Bus Carrying BJP Workers Attacked with Stones
BJP workers later went to the Konaje police station and demanded the arrest of culprits.
Image for representation. (PTI photo)
Mangaluru: Two groups clashed in Kuttar near Mangaluru on Saturday night after stones were allegedly thrown at a bus carrying BJP workers returning from a rally addressed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in the city.
Police sources said the stone throwing incident happened at Madani Nagar at around 8 pm, after which there was an altercation between two groups of people.
The women in the bus were allegedly attacked by a group. Those injured in the clash have been hospitalised, they said.
Meanwhile, BJP workers went to the Konaje police station and demanded the arrest of the culprits. City police Commissioner Sandeep Patil and other top officials visited the spot and the situation was brought under control.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Sony Bravia A9G OLED Master Series Review: The TV to Buy If You Are Rich Enough
- Amit Panghal Becomes 1st Indian Man to Reach World Boxing Championships Final
- Rashami Desai to Marry Boyfriend Arhaan Khan Inside Bigg Boss 13 House: Report
- Arjun Kapoor Trolls Alia Bhatt Over African Safari 'vlog'
- Your Apple iPhone And iPad Will Get iOS 13.1 And iPadOS Sooner Than Expected