Two Held for Making Threat Calls to DCW Chief Swati Maliwal Over Action Against Sex Rackets
Swati Maliwal and her family members received several threatening calls and audio recordings from some spa owners after which she wrote a letter to Delhi Police seeking urgent action in the matter.
File photo of DCW chief Swati Maliwal.
New Delhi: Two persons were arrested for allegedly threatening Delhi Commission for Women (DCW) chairperson Swati Maliwal, police said on Saturday.
According to the DCW, Maliwal had being receiving threat calls over her action against sex rackets allegedly operating in several spa centres across Delhi.
Maliwal and her family members received several threatening calls and audio recordings from some spa owners, following which she wrote a letter to the Delhi Police on September 20 seeking urgent action in the matter, the DCW said.
Police said Maliwal lodged a complaint alleging that she received threat calls from some unknown spa owners.
During investigation, two persons were identified with the help of technical surveillance and later arrested by Cyber Crime Unit of the Delhi Police, they said, adding that further investigation is underway.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Deepika Padukone’s Witty Response to Fan Saying ‘I love you’ to Ranveer Singh Goes Viral
- Bigg Boss 13: Vishal Aditya Singh, Hindustani Bhau Lock Horns During Salman Khan's Weekend Ka Vaar Task
- Exclusive | WWE Star Charlotte Flair Opens Up on Rivalry-Friendship with Becky Lynch and Why She Can't Resist Indian Food
- TV Actress Accuses Jr Artist of Rape, Sidharth-Devoleena's Fight Take Romantic Turn in Bigg Boss 13
- Ranveer Singh Nailing Kapil Dev's 'Natraj Shot' Has the Internet Hooked