Two Hizbul Militants Killed in Encounter With Security Forces in J&K
Security forces launched a cordon-and-search operation in the Tikken area of Pulwama in south Kashmir on Saturday morning after receiving specific information about the presence of militants there.
Srinagar: Two Hizbul Mujahideen militants were Saturday killed in an encounter with security forces in Pulwama district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said.
Security forces launched a cordon-and-search operation in the Tikken area of Pulwama in south Kashmir on Saturday morning after receiving specific information about the presence of militants there, a police spokesman said. He said as the forces were conducting the searches, the militants opened fire on them.
The forces retaliated and in the ensuing encounter, two militants were killed, the spokesman said. The slain ultras were identified as Liyaqat Munir Wani, a resident of the Below Dargund area in Pulwama, and Wajid Ul Islam, a resident of the Babhar area in the district, he said.
They were affiliated with proscribed terror outfit Hizbul Mujahideen, the spokesman said. He said both the militants were involved in a series of terror attacks on security establishments and many other atrocities against civilians in the area.
Arms and ammunition including AK and INSAS rifle and other incriminating materials were recovered from the encounter site. The INSAS rifle seized from the encounter site was the same rifle which terrorists had snatched fromMurran, Pulwama, earlier, the spokesman said.
Recommended For You
- England vs Australia: Finch Ready to Front-up to 'Ultra Hard' England Riposte
- GST Council to Consider Reducing Tax on Electric Vehicles - Anurag Thakur
- Motorola Moto E6 Alleged Renders Reveal Textured Back Panel, Single Camera Module
- Kabir Singh Earns Rs 70.83 Crore, Shahid Kapoor 'Feels So Special' with Fan Response
- Deja Vu? Imran Khan Turning Chauffeur For Emir of Qatar Reminds People of Earlier Example
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s