Two, Including Hearing-impaired Woman, Killed after Being Hit by Train in UP
The incident occurred near Chilkahar village in Gadwar area, UP police is investigating into the matter.
Ballia (UP): A woman and her mother-in-law, who went near railway tracks to relieve themselves, were killed after being hit by a train in Uttar Pradesh's Ballia district on Tuesday, police said.
The incident occurred near Chilkahar village in Gadwar area, they said.
Meena Devi (35) and Deventi Devi (65), who was hearing-impaired, died on the spot, the police said.
The bodies were recovered and sent for post-mortem, they said. A probe into the matter is on, the police said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Disha Vakani's Husband Mayur Pandya on Actress' Return to Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah
- Android 10 Update Roll-Out Resumes For OnePlus 7, OnePlus 7 Pro
- After Darbar Shoot, Rajinikanth off to Himalayas with Daughter Aishwarya
- Second Innings: Irfan Pathan, Harbhajan Singh to Debut in Tamil Cinema
- Video of Pune Electric Bus Getting Charged Through a Diesel Generator Surfaces, Twitter Has a Field Day