Two Indian-American Sikh Youths Killed in Car Accident, Another Injured
The duo, both of whom were residents of Fishers city -- a suburb of Indianapolis, died after the speeding SUV in which they were travelling hit a tree in the wee hours of Wednesday.
Image for representation. (AFP Relaxnews)
Washington: Two Indian-American Sikh youths died and another injured after their car hit a tree in Indiana, according to a local media report.
The victims were identified as 19-year-old Varundeep S Bring and 22-year-old Davneet S Chahal.
The duo, both of whom were residents of Fishers city -- a suburb of Indianapolis, died after the speeding SUV in which they were travelling hit a tree in the wee hours of Wednesday, local 13 WTHR news channel reported on Thursday.
"Investigators are working to figure out what led up to the crash," it said.
Davneet, who was driving the SUV, was not wearing his seat belt, police said, adding that the 20-year-old injured youth, Gurjot S Sandhu, has been admitted to a hospital.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Why Are Apps on Your iPhone Requesting For Bluetooth? iOS 13 Reveals The Secrets
- An Apple Watch Saved This Man’s Life by Calling For Help After a Bad Fall
- Has Your OnePlus 7 or OnePlus 7 Pro Received The Android 10 Update?
- Investors and Stock Holders are Celebrating Corporate Tax Cut News, With Memes
- 'Bhindi,' Coconut, 'Hing' and Raw Turmeric: Chefs Reveal Their Most Hated Ingredients