Two Indian Military Aircraft Shot Down; One Pilot Arrested, Says Pakistan Military Spokesperson Asif Ghafoor
The Pakistan Major General's comments come at a time when tensions between the neighbouring contries continue to escalate after the IAF strikes in Pakistan on Tuesday morning.
File photo of Pakistan army spokesperson Major General Asif Ghafoor (Image: AP)
Islamabad: Pakistan on Wednesday claimed that it shot down two Indian military aircraft over Pakistani air space and arrested one of the pilots.
Military spokesperson Major General Asif Ghafoor claimed in a tweet that one of the aircraft crashed in Pakistan occupied Kashmir while the other fell in Jammu and Kashmir.
In response to PAF strikes this morning as released by MoFA, IAF crossed LOC. PAF shot down two Indian aircrafts inside Pakistani airspace. One of the aircraft fell inside AJ&K while other fell inside IOK. One Indian pilot arrested by troops on ground while two in the area.— Maj Gen Asif Ghafoor (@OfficialDGISPR) February 27, 2019
"One Indian pilot arrested by troops on the ground while two in the area," he said without elaborating.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Inside Edge 2 Review: The Game Gets Murkier and More Thrilling
- #AmbedkarLongLive: Twitter Fondly Remembers BR Ambedkar on His 63rd Death Anniversary
- Why Do We Need a Judiciary in Place When We Have Real-life 'Singhams'?
- Vikas Gupta Confirms Entry in Bigg Boss 13 with New Instagram Post?
- Data Protection Law Gets Closer to Reality With Stiff Penalties for Data Leaks And Breaches