Two Jharkhand Men Complain of Stomach Ache, Doctor Prescribes Pregnancy Test
The two men complained against the doctor to Arun Kumar Paswan, the civil surgeon of Chatra district.
Image for representation. (Reuters)
Ranchi: A doctor in Jharkhand prescribed pregnancy test to two young men in Chatra district after they complained of stomach pain.
Besides pregnancy test, Mukesh Kumar, a government hospital doctor, also asked Gopal Ganjhu and Kameshwar Janhu to undergo tests for HIV and haemoglobin.
Following this, the two men complained against the doctor to Arun Kumar Paswan, the civil surgeon of Chatra district.
"A probe has been ordered into the matter," Paswan told reporters.
Kumar has however denied the allegation.
In July, another doctor in East Singhbhum district had prescribed condoms to a woman who had complained of stomach pain.
Only when she visited a pharmacy, she realised that the prescribed medicine on the prescription was a condom.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- WhatsApp Beta Tests Letting You Sign in on Multiple Devices; No Dark Mode Updates Yet
- Akshay Kumar, Kareena Kapoor's New Good Newwz Poster Unveiled Ahead of Trailer Release
- Someone Started a Petition Asking PM Modi to Impose Section 144 on 'Noisemakers' on TikTok
- From Jadon Sancho to Erling Haaland, 8 Players Manchester United Want to Sign
- U-17 Women's Championship: Lynda Kom Stars as Lionesses Thrash Tigresses to Win Title