Two Killed, One Feared Trapped after 3-Storey House Collapses in Gujarat's Jamnagar
The house was undergoing renovation. The deceased were identified as owner of the house Anwar Dawood (40) and Ashok Rathod (32), a mason.
Rescue operation underway at the site in Jamnagar on Friday. (News18)
Jamnagar: Two persons were killed in Jamnagar city of Gujarat on Friday when a three-storey house collapsed while another person was feared to be trapped under the debris. The house was undergoing renovation.
The deceased were identified as owner of the house Anwar Dawood (40) and Ashok Rathod (32), a mason. While their bodies were retrieved, another person who was present inside is feared to be trapped under the debris, chief fire officer KK Bishnoi said.
District Superintendent of Police Sharad Singhal and collector Ravi Shankar rushed to the spot. Timbafali locality, where the house is located, has very narrow lanes which made it difficult for rescue teams to reach the spot.
Rescue teams from Rajkot city and Reliance which has a major refinery complex in Jamangar district were also pressed into service to clear the debris, said Bishnoi.
"The house was not very old. Some kind of renovation work was going on when it suddenly collapsed," he said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Mahesh Babu Pens Down Most Adorable Daughters' Day Note for His 'Lil One Sita Papa'
- Watch: Horrifying Video Shows Snake Latching onto Man's Head After He Taunts It
- Happy Daughter’s Day 2019: Meet the Famous Father-Daughter Duo of Bollywood
- Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Mini SUV Officially Teased Ahead of September 30 Launch: Watch Video
- Deepak Punia Books Tokyo Olympics Quota After Entering Semis at World Wrestling Championships