Two Killed, Seven Injured in Grenade Blasts in J&K's Anantnag and Srinagar
In Srinagar city, an explosion took place in the market near Sir Syed gate of Kashmir University in Hazratbal area this afternoon.
Image for representation.
Srinagar: Two blasts rocked Jammu and Kashmir's Anantnag and Srinagar districts on Tuesday, killing two people and injuring seven, police said.
In south Kashmir's Anantnag, militants lobbed a grenade in Wagoora area when government function — 'Back to Village programme' — was taking place, killing two people and injuring four others, a police official said.
In Srinagar city, an explosion took place in the market near Sir Syed gate of Kashmir University in Hazratbal area this afternoon, the official said.
Three persons were injured in the explosion. All are stated to be stable, he said.
The official said the explosion was not caused by a grenade as suspected earlier. Preliminary investigation suggests that it was a low-intensity blast.
Further investigations are on, he added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Apple iPhone in 2021 Might Launch Without Any Ports: Analysts
- Alia Bhatt is So Successful as She Didn't Inherit a Genetic Flaw from Our Father, Says Pooja Bhatt
- Bigg Boss 13: Mahira Sharma Should Play Independently, Says Her Mother
- Counterfeit Xiaomi Products Worth Rs 13 Lakhs Seized From Delhi's Gaffar Market
- India vs West Indies | Our Responsibility is to Support Rishabh Pant: Virat Kohli