Two Live-stream Suicide on Social Media in Punjab's Sangrur, Cause Uncertain
Police said that the cause is not clear. Both were unmarried and their families denied of having information about any possible relationship between them.
Image for representation
Sangrur: A man (25) and a woman (21) shot themselves dead here, streaming their suicide live on social media, police said Thursday.
The alleged suicide took place at Gujjran village, about four kilometres away from Dirba town of Sangrur district, on Wednesday night, police said.
Their bodies were found in the fields, police said.
The cause is not clear. Both were unmarried and their families denied of having information about any possible relationship between them, police said.
The woman was a student of BA (final-year) while the man was a Class 12 passout.
Dirba DSP William Jeji said Arvinder Singh, aka Bunty, was a Jat Sikh while Harbans Kaur was a Dalit.
Both shot themselves dead with a 12 bore rifle, he said.
The video of the incident has gone viral on WhatsApp.
The DSP said on the statement their families, police had initiated proceedings under Section 174 of the CrPC.
The bodies have been sent to the Sangrur Civil Hospital for autopsy.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Mini SUV Officially Teased Ahead of September 30 Launch: Watch Video
- Netizens Troll Sonakshi Sinha After She Fails to Answer Simple Ramayan Question on KBC 11
- Pankaj Tripathi Shares Emotional Incident When He Stole His 'Guru' Manoj Bajpayee's Slippers
- Do Not Worry, Your Mi TV Will Get Netflix And Amazon Prime Video Apps This Year
- Your Apple iPhone And iPad Will Get iOS 13.1 And iPadOS Sooner Than Expected