Two Men Booked for Killing 'Agitated' Bull Using Earthmover in Pune
In a video that went viral on social media, a man operating an earthmover is seen chasing an agitated bull and finally killing the animal, police said.
Image for representation.
Pune: Two men have been booked for allegedly killing a bull using an earthmover at Indapur tehsil in Maharashtra's Pune district, police said on Tuesday.
In a video that went viral on social media, a man operating an earthmover is seen chasing an agitated bull and finally killing the animal, a senior official said.
"When the video went viral on social media, we found that the incident had taken place in Pondwadi village in Indapur tehsil on October 27," the official said.
A case has been registered against absconding accused Rohit Atole and Bhausaheb Khartode under section 429 (mischief by killing or maiming cattle) of the Indian Penal Code and relevant sections of Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act, he said.
"The bull was bitten by a rabid dog and was agitated. It started creating havoc in the village," the official said.
Instead of informing veterinary officials, Atole chased the animal down with an earthmover and killed him, he said.
While Atole attacked the animal, Khartode filmed the "heinous" act, he added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Panipat Box Office Day 1: Arjun Kapoor, Kriti Sanon's Film Has a Slow Start
- Thief Calls Houseowner 'Kanjoos' in a Note after He Returns Empty-Handed
- Counterfeit Xiaomi Products Worth Rs 13 Lakhs Seized From Delhi's Gaffar Market
- India vs West Indies | Our Responsibility is to Support Rishabh Pant: Virat Kohli
- Former Mumbai Cricketer Robin Morris Arrested Over Alleged Kidnapping: Report