Two Militants Gunned Down in Fresh Encounter in Kashmir's Bandipora District
The security forces have recovered arms and ammunition. The identity of the slain is being ascertained, Kashmir police said.
File photo of encounter between militants and security forces in Kashmir.
New Delhi: Two militants were gunned down in a fresh encounter in the Bandipora district of north Kashmir on Monday morning, the police said. An exchange of fire between terrorists and security forces was still underway in Lawdara village, about 55 km from Srinagar.
The security forces have recovered arms and ammunition. The identity of the slain is being ascertained, Kashmir police said. The attack comes day after security forces killed a militant in a village in Bandipora district of north Kashmir during an operation on Sunday, officials said.
More details awaited
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Deepika Padukone to Feature in Vin Diesel's XXX Franchise Again?
- Trump Makes Twitter Record by Tweeting 123 Times in Couple of Hours Amid Impeachment Charges
- WWE TLC 2019: Date, Time, Match Card and Everything You Need to Know
- Football in Snow: Watch Real Kashmir FC Players Practice for I-League in Srinagar
- #DogsAtPollingStations: Here's Why UK Voters Turned Up with Pets for Brexit Ballot