Two Militants Killed in Encounter With Security Forces in J&K's Baramulla
The official said an exchange of firing also took place Thursday evening at Arwani area of Anantnag district after security forces launched an operation based on a tip.
Srinagar: Two militants were killed in a gunbattle with security forces in Baramulla district of Jammu and Kashmir on Thursday, police said.
Security forces launched a cordon and search operation in Kreeri area in the early hours following information about the presence of militants. The militants opened fire at security forces, and two of them were killed in the ensuing gunbattle, a police official said.
"The encounter at Kreeri in Baramulla is over. Two militants have been killed," the official said. The identity and group affiliation of the slain militants were being ascertained, he added.
The official said an exchange of firing also took place Thursday evening at Arwani area of Anantnag district after security forces launched an operation based on a tip. The anti-militancy operation in Arwani area was also in an advanced stage, he said.
Recommended For You
- Kia Seltos SUV Unveiled in India, Gets Connectivity Features and 10.25-inch Touchscreen
- Priyanka Chopra Shows How to Slay in a Flame Shirt-dress this Summer
- Avengers Endgame Re-releasing in Theatres With New Post Credit Scene and 'Extra Surprises'
- US Man Suspected of Feeding Meth to Keep Illegally Kept ‘Attack Squirrel’ Aggressive
- Can You Trust Facebook’s Libra Cryptocurrency? Initial Regulatory Indicators Aren’t Exactly Positive
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s