Two Militants, Over-ground Worker Killed in Encounter in J-K's Shopian
Police said as the forces were conducting searches, the militants fired at them, triggering an encounter in which two militants and their 'active associate' were killed.
Picture for representation.
Srinagar: Two militants and an over-ground worker (OGW) were Friday killed in an encounter with security forces in Jammu and Kashmir's Shopian district, police said.
The security forces launched a cordon and search operation in Dragad Sugan area of south Kashmir following specific information about the presence of militants there, a police official said.
He said as the forces were conducting searches, the militants fired at them, triggering an encounter in which two militants and their "active associate" were killed.
The official said one of the militants is believed to be Saju Magrey of the Hizbul Mujahideen.
Magrey was involved in a series of terror crimes, including IED incidents, he said.
The identities of the other militant and the OGW are being ascertained, the official said.
He said arms and ammunition have been recovered from the site of the encounter.
Recommended For You
- Twitter Responds to Third Umpire's 'Controversial' Decision Against Rohit Sharma With Brutal Memes
- This is How England Just United Pakistan and India Cricket Fans in World Cup
- Game of Thrones' Daenerys Targaryen was Eaten by Her Own Dragon, Suggests Forensic Anthropologist
- New Flaw Detected in Boeing 737 Max 8 Planes, Ban on Flying Continues
- India vs West Indies | Gayle - Jovial and Fun-loving Everywhere, Firm With Youngsters
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s