Two of Family Commit Suicide over Poverty in Tamil Nadu’s Theni
Unable to cope up with penury, the family members including three girls took the extreme step at their residence in Bodinayakanur on Wednesday.
Image for representation.
Theni(TN): Driven by poverty, two members of a family committed suicide by consuming poison on Thursday, while an equal number are battling for life at a hospital in the district, police said.
Unable to cope up with penury, the family members including three girls took the extreme step at their residence in Bodinayakanur on Wednesday night, they said.
The mother of the children and one of the girls were being treated at the government hospital, where their condition was stated to be critical.
The family fell into dire straits after the bread winner died, police said. A case has been registered.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Rafael Nadal Gets Married to His Partner of 14 Years Xisco Perello
- A Twitter User is Offering to Comment 'Yikes' On Your Ex's Selfie for Just Rs 350
- Guidelines For Influencers Are Incoming; a Few Folks And Brands Must be Very Worried
- Disha Patani and Tiger Shroff Add Star Power to ISL 2019-20 Opening Ceremony
- TRAI to Decide on Jio, Airtel And Vodafone Battle For How Long Your Phone Should Ring