Two Pilgrims Dead, Seven Hurt as SUV Falls into Gorge in Himachal Pradesh
The pilgrims were travelling to Manimahesh temple in Chamba district from Punjab's Pathankot when the car fell into the deep gorge at Chahla village.
Shimla: Two pilgrims died and seven others were injured when the Scorpio car in which they were travelling fell into a gorge in the Chamba district, police said on Friday.
The pilgrims were travelling to Manimahesh temple in Chamba district from Punjab's Pathankot when the car fell into the deep gorge at Chahla village, said Monica Bhutunguru, superintendent of police, Chamba.
The car's driver Kamal Singh (33), a resident of Pathankot, died on the spot while Baldev Singh (35), who hailed from Gurdaspur succumbed to his injuries at the district hospital in Chamba, Bhutunguru said.
The injured - Raj Kumar, Kulbir Singh, Surjit Pal, Kali Das, Raman Kumar, Amit Kumar and Jonu Kumar - were being treated at the Chamba district hospital.
The injured hailed from Punjab's Pathankot and Jammu-Kashmir's Kathua area.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Hrithik Roshan Gives Back to Tiger Shroff's Krrish Meme by Sporting Flying Jatt T-shirt
- 33,000 People Want Oxford Dictionary to Change its Definition of 'Woman'. Here's Why.
- Lilly Singh Hosting 'The Late Night Show' is the Desi Representation We've Been Waiting For
- Champions League: Unlucky Borussia Dortmund Draw 0-0 With Barcelona on Messi Return
- Tamil Nadu's New EV Policy Seeks Full Road Tax Exemption for Electric Vehicles Until 2022