Two Pilots Killed After Trainer Aircraft Crashes Near Vikarabad in Telangana
A trainer aircraft, which had lost contact with the Begumpet Station in Hyderabad after 11.55 am, crashed near Vikarabad killing two pilots.
Visual from the site of the crash.
Hyderabad: Two pilots, including a trainee, were killed after their Cessna aircraft crashed near cotton fields of Vikarabad, about 100 kms away from Hyderabad, on Sunday.
The aircraft had lost contact with the Begumpet Station in Hyderabad after 11.55 am.
Vikarabad police reached the crash site and removed the bodies from they wreckage. One of the deceased was recognised as Prakash Vishal, who was a trainee pilot.
They lost control due to rain and high speed winds after their engine failed. The flight had taken off from Begumpet airport in Hyderabad and was in the air for 45 minutes before the mishap happened. The pilots tried to land the flight safely for 10 minutes but failed to do so.
The site of the accident has been cordoned off. The incident came just two days after a trainer aircraft crashed at a flying academy in Maharashtra's Shirpur on Friday.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Water Baby Kim Sharma Sets the Temperature Soaring on Instagram, See Here
- War Box Office: Hrithik Roshan, Tiger Shroff Join Rs 300 Crore Club as Film Hits Triple Century
- ISL 2019-20: Controversy Heats Up Over Kerala Blasters vs ATK After Kerala Coach, Soosairaj Get Involved
- CM Arvind Kejriwal Announces Mega First-of-its-Kind 'Community Diwali' in Delhi
- Amazon Great Indian Festival Sale: Your New OnePlus TV Could Cost as Low as Rs 53,069