Two-plus-two Indo-US Dialogue to be Held on December 18 in Washington, Says MEA
The Indian side will be represented by External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar and Defence Minister Rajnath Singh.
MEA spokesperson Raveesh Kumar addresses the press in Delhi on Thursday. (Reuters)
New Delhi: The second two-plus-two dialogue between India and the US will take place on December 18 in Washington during which the two sides will take stock of the entire gamut of strategic ties between the two countries, the Ministry of External Affairs said on Thursday.
The Indian side will be represented by External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar and Defence Minister Rajnath Singh, Ministry of External Affairs Spokesperson Raveesh Kumar said.
On whether the India-Japan summit will take place in Guwahati from December 15-17, he said there was no update to share.
Asked to comment on the cancellation of Bangladesh Foreign Minister AK Abdul Momen's visit and if it was a fallout of criticism of that country's treatment of minorities, he said, "We never said there was religious persecution in Bangladesh during the current government's tenure."
Referring to Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan's critical comments on the Citizen (Amendment) Bill, the spokesperson said Pakistan should focus on its treatment of minorities rather than commenting on India's internal matter.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13 Winner Prediction: Hold on Sidharth-Asim, There's Shehnaaz-Rashami
- Saif Ali Khan Opens up on Divorce with Amrita Singh and Its Impact on Sara, Ibrahim
- The Curious Case of BJP's Tajinder Singh Bagga, Twitter 'Troll' Who Could be Future Neta
- A Lucky Couple Can Live For Free On This Peaceful Island, But There Will be No Wi-Fi
- Udaipur Man Names his Son 'Congress', Hopes His Son Will Join the Party in the Future