Terrorists Kill 3 Policemen in Srinagar, Hizbul Mujahideen Claims Responsibility
Srinagar: Suspected Hizbul Mujahideen terrorists shot dead three policemen including an officer in Srinagar on Monday. The terror attack is the first such major strike in the city in nearly three years.
The first attack took place near Zadibal police station in Srinagar on Monday morning in which two policemen were killed while another official was shot dead in Tengpora area of Srinagar.
The gunmen shot at the two policemen from close range at Mill Stop in Zadibal area which connects the city to the Hazratbal Shrine and super speciality SKIMS Hospital at Soura, a police official said. Some policemen were also injured in the attack.
Pakistan-based terror group Hizbul Mujahideen has claimed responsibility for the twin attacks.
The slain police officials were posted at Zadibal Police Station. Police and other security forces have been put on an alert to look out for the assailants, who managed to flee the spot.
Officials said that unidentified gunmen fired at two policemen at Bagh-e-Ali Mardan around 200 metres away from the Zadibal police station.
In Tengpora, constable Mohammad Sadiq, posted as personal security guard to chairman of J&K Pasmanda Tabqajaat (downtrodden classes) Mohammad Abdullah Chatwal, was shot at on Parimpora-Hyderpora Bypass road at around 12 noon. The attackers fled with his service rifle. Sadiq died at the Batamaloo police hospital.
The last such attack took place on June 22, 2013 when two policemen were shot dead at Hari Singh High Street.
Recommended For You
- Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh's Latest Pic from Chooda Ceremony is All Things Love; See Here
- Alyque Padamsee, Ad Man & Thespian, Passes Away at 90; PM Modi and Nation Mourn
- 2020 Toyota Corolla Sedan Revealed at Guangzhou International Automobile Exhibition
- Bohemian Rhapsody Movie Review: Rami Malek Effectively Captures Freddie Mercury's Pain
- Upcoming Maruti Suzuki Ertiga 2018 Spied Completely Undisguised, Interiors Spied Too