Two RJD Leaders Shot at in Muzaffarpur, Police Say Probe is Underway
The two have been identified as Surendra Yadav and Umashankar Prasad. According to reports, Surendra Yadav was shot twice while Umashankar Prasad was shot four times.
New Delhi: Two Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) leaders were shot at by unknown assailants in Muzaffarpur's Kanti area late on Thursday.
The two have been identified as Surendra Yadav and Umashankar Prasad. According to reports, Surendra Yadav was shot twice while Umashankar Prasad was shot four times. Police said that the case is related to property dispute.
"Both the injured are in a stable condition now, investigation underway," DSP Mukul Ranjan was quoted as saying by ANI.
In February, former RJD MP Mohammad Shahabuddin's nephew Yusuf was shot dead in Siwan. The town was caught in a protest following the murder. Hundreds of angry villagers, mostly Shahabuddin's supporters, blocked roads and demanded action.
Earlier, party leader Raghuvar Rai was killed by unidentified assailants in broad daylight outside his house in Kalyanpur. He was admitted to a private hospital in Darbhanga where he was declared dead.
Recommended For You
- Director Anubhav Sinha Writes Open Letter Ahead of Article 15 Release
- Please Don't Bully Me, Says Lexi Rabe Who Played Tony Stark's Daughter in Avengers Endgame
- Happy Birthday Ariana Grande : 5 Times the Singer's Pictures were Aesthetically Pleasing
- New Age Social Media Apps, and a Shocking Problem of Borderline Sexual Content
- Cannot Wait for Dark Mode on WhatsApp? Here is How to Enable it on Android and iOS
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s