Two Students Killed After Car Falls From Punjabi Bagh Flyover
Police said the incident took place around 9am and there were seven students travelling in the Honda City.
The incident took place around 9am and there were seven students travelling in the Honda City. (Photo: Network18)
New Delhi: Two students were killed and five injured when a car fell off from a flyover in west Delhi’s Punjabi Bagh on Monday morning.
Police said the incident took place around 9am. There were seven students present in the car who were on their way to appear for an exam.
The injured were rushed to a nearby hospital and their condition is said to be critical.
The victims are first-year students of Delhi Institute of Professional Studies. They were on their way to IP College in Narela for their second semester exam when the accident occurred, a senior police officer said.
The deceased have been identified as Sanchit and Ritu. Those injured were Pranav, Garima, Rishab, Rajat and Raja, the police said.
The students were at Rajat's house in Punjabi Bagh and were going to their exam centre, they added. Rajat was driving the vehicle and it is suspected that he might be speeding.
The police is waiting to record the statements of those injured in the accident to ascertain the sequence of events.
(With PTI Inputs)
Catch the Biggest Newsmakers and the Biggest Newsbreaks on CNN-News18, your favourite English TV news channel. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 Paise per Month. Contact your cable /DTH operator Now!
*Rental / capacity fee of Rs.130/- as charged by cable / DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- 17th February 2005: Ponting Stars, Kiwis go Retro in First-ever T20I
- Olive's Branch: People are Adopting Trees to Help Breathe New Life into Dying Village
- Kylie Jenner Joins Celery Juice Craze After Sister Kim Kardashian, Here's How it Benefits Your Body
- Streaming Now: Watch Out For The Priyanka Chopra-produced Firebrand on Netflix
- Indian Prodigy Plays Piano at Lightning Speed, Amazes Everyone on 'The World's Best' Show
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s