Two Terrorists, Soldier Killed in Gunbattle Near LoC in Jammu and Kashmir
An Army jawan and two militants were during an encounter in Bandipora district of north Kashmir on Friday morning, while another encounter took place in Sopore district when the Indian Army foiled two infiltration bids along the International Border.
Srinagar: An Army jawan and two terrorists were killed during an encounter in Bandipora district of north Kashmir on Friday morning, while another encounter took place in Sopore district when the Indian Army foiled two infiltration bids along the International Border.
“The 22 Rashtriya Rifles jawans posted along the Line of Control foiled two infiltration bids. They noticed suspicious movement near the International Border at Tujjar Sharief in Sopore, and in Bandipora district. They challenged the infiltrators, who opened fire,” a source in the Army said.
“The jawans retaliated and killed two terrorists. Unfortunately, one of our soldiers suffered a gunshot wound and succumbed to his injuries. We suspect that some of the terrorists managed to flee,” the source said.
The encounter in Bandipora comes two days after security forces gunned down two terrorists in the area. New Rs 2,000 currency notes were found on the terrorists.
More details awaited.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Nikon Z6 Review: A Strong Statement that Ably Rivals the Sony a7 III
- Xiaomi Mi TV 4X 65-inch Launched Alongside Mi TV 4X 50-inch, 4X 43-inch and 4A 40-inch
- Rats Can Now Be Trained to Play Hide and Seek With Humans. We're Not Kidding.
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Next Film on PM Modi's Youth; Akshay Kumar Unveils First Look
- Tamil Nadu's New EV Policy Seeks Full Road Tax Exemption for Electric Vehicles Until 2022