Two Terrorists Killed in Budgam Encounter, Gunbattle on
Two terrorists holed-up in a house in Jammu and Kashmir's Budgam district were killed in a gunfight with security forces on Saturday and a massive gunbattle is underway between the jawans and the ultras.
Image for representation only.
Srinagar: Two terrorists holed-up in a house in Jammu and Kashmir's Budgam district were killed during an anti-terror operation on Saturday and a massive gunbattle is underway between security forces and the ultras.
A gunfight broke out on Saturday evening in central Kashmir after militants opened fire on a patrolling party of the Army. The security forces then surrounded Hayatpora village in Chadoora tehsil of Budgam district, police said.
A patrolling party of 53 Rashtriya Rifles came under fire from militants at village Hayatpora, 18 kms from Srinagar, around 6 pm, triggering a gunbattle between the two sides, a police official told CNN-News18.
"Two militants hiding inside a house in the village were killed in the gunfight and an AK-47 assault rifle and a pistol recovered from the spot," the police officer said.
No security personnel or civilian was injured in the operation, said the officer, adding that the operation was carried out with caution to ensure that there is no collateral damage.
Recommended For You
- Lisa Ray Talks About her 'Third Baby'; Find Out the Deets Here
- I Need to Push Myself: Ayushmann Khurrana on Having to Audition for Andhadhun
- Adaptability the Key for FC Pune City Striker Iain Hume’s Indian Super League Longevity
- Idris Elba's Bizarre Waistcoat Was the Real Show Stealer At 'The Best' FIFA Football Awards
- Virat Kohli Receives the Prestigious Khel Ratna Award