Two Tied to Pole, Beaten by Mob Over Suspected Battery Theft in Noida
An official said that the identity of the victims has not been ascertained yet, while an FIR under Indian Penal Code sections 323 (voluntarily causing hurt) and 342 (wrongful confinement) at the Sector 20 police station.
Noida (UP): Two young men were stripped off their shirts, tied to a pole and beaten up by a crowd on suspicion that they were stealing batteries from auto-rickshaws here, police said on Friday.
The incident, which took place in Sector 26 on Thursday, came to light after a video was circulated on social media, prompting the police to lodge a case against unidentified people for wrongful confinement and voluntarily causing hurt to the duo.
The battery of an auto-rickshaw was stolen from a parking lot in Mangal Bazaar, Sector 25 yesterday. Today, the two unidentified men, apparently intoxicated, were found sitting in an auto holding a wrench in the same area, a police spokesperson said.
Soon they were held by local auto-rickshaw drivers on suspicion of being battery thieves. They were tied to a street-side pole with a rope and beaten up by the crowd. A video of the incident is circulating on social media also, the spokesperson said.
The official said that the identity of the victims has not been ascertained yet, while an FIR under Indian Penal Code sections 323 (voluntarily causing hurt) and 342 (wrongful confinement) at the Sector 20 police station.
The matter is being probed and those guilty will be arrested, the official said.
Recommended For You
- Is Salman Khan Charging Rs 31 Crore per Weekend for Hosting Bigg Boss 13?
- Motorola Moto E6 Alleged Renders Reveal Textured Back Panel, Single Camera Module
- Audio Technica M50xBT Review: If You Are Serious About Music, These Headphones Cannot be Missed
- Vodafone RED Family Plans Priced Rs 598 Onwards Offer Bill Guarantee And One Mobile Bill For an Entire Family
- Xiaomi's Poco F1 64GB Variant Gets Yet Another Price Cut in India; Now Costs Rs 17,999
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s