Two UP Women Fall from Bike Due to Pothole, Run over by Truck and Killed
The truck has been seized and bodies of the deceased have been sent for post-mortem examination.
Amethi: Two women were killed on Saturday after being run over by a truck when they fell on the road from a motorcycle due to a pothole, police said.
According to SHO of Jagdishpur police station, Angad Singh, the accident took place in Almasganj area under the police station's jurisdiction when two women fell from a motorcycle as it hit a pothole, and were subsequently run over by the truck which was coming from behind them.
The deceased have been identified as Samabanu (20) and Sakurbanu (24), Singh said, and added that both of them died on the spot.
He said the truck has been seized and bodies of the deceased have been sent for post-mortem examination.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- PUBG Mobile Addiction: 20-Year-Old Drinks Chemical Instead of Water While Playing Game
- Virat Kohli Dedicates India's T20I Win to Anushka Sharma, Says It's Special Wedding Anniversary Gift
- 'What is Article 370?' Becomes Most Searched Term by Indians on Google in 2019
- Pakistani Fans Roast 'Injured' Pacer Hasan Ali for Walking Down the Ramp With 'Rib Fractures'
- News18 Tech & Auto Awards 2019 Celebrates The Intersection of Technology And Automobiles