Two Waiters Electrocuted in Thane After Rainwater Gushes into Hotel's Kitchen Area
Passing trucks reportedly forced water into the hotel's kitchen, leading to the refrigerator there catching fire. When the two went to check the damage in the kitchen, they were electrocuted
Image for representation.
Thane: Two waiters in Kashimira in Thane district were Tuesday killed when rain water gushed into their hotel and they got electrocuted by a live wire lying there, police said.
Thane Rural police spokesperson Yuvraj Kalkutage said Virendra Dasu Buniya (27) and Rajan Das (19) had gone into the kitchen when they came in contact with a live wire.
One more person is hospitalised, he added.
"Passing trucks forced water into the hotel's kitchen, leading to the refrigerator there catching fire. When the two went to check the damage in the kitchen, they were electrocuted," he said, adding that a case had been registered in this regard.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Priyanka Chopra Says 'Overworked And Underpaid' Describe Her Best
- Trailers This Week: Vijay, Atlee's Bigil Impresses Shah Rukh Khan
- Mom and Dad, Sorry for All Those Times I Was a Prick: Shahid Kapoor
- Carlsberg Wants to Bring The World’s First Beer Bottles Made From Paper to The Market
- OnePlus 7T Pro, 7T Pro McLaren Edition Unveiled: Price, Specs, Launch Date and More